Visul tactile tiles are
manufactured on a pantented assembly line to ensure near perfect
distribution of fillers and resin ensuring excellent wearing
qualities and built in flexibility.
This surface mounted tactile paving is designed to be fully
bonded to clean, sound surfaces using a two-component structural
adhesive. Designed with domes and ridges for tactile recognition by
visually impaired as per DETR guidelines.
- These tiles are available with the following dimensions -
(Standard) 400mm x 400mm x 5mm. Please note other sizes are
- The composition of the tile is an abrasion and slip resistant,
reinforced polyurethane composite.
- Tiles are available in buff, grey, red, charcoal and hazard
- The purpose of the tile is to warn visually impaired people of
a potential hazard or danger.
- The tactile surface should provide a contrast with the
surrounding area to assist partially sighted people.
- In complete accordance with the Disabled Persons Act 1981 and
- For further information see 'Guidance om the use of tactile
paving surfaces' www.dft.go.uk
or contact Visul Systems' Technical Support.
The tiles are bonded to the substrate using Visul Systems
two-component structural adhesive. These adhesives have been
specifically designed to bond to a wide variety of substrates. When
working in damp conditions a moisture tollerant adhesive is
See Visul Systems technical
datasheet for tactile paving and moisture tolerant tactile paving
A box of ten tiles covers an area of 1.6m2 using one 5 litre kit
of Visul adhesive.
Product Testing and
- Surface spread of flame
- Smoke Density
- Slip Resistance