There are two types of 'UCP' joints; 'UCP' 50 and 70, capable of
accommodating horizontal movement up to 50 and 70mm respectively.
The system consists of heavy gauge aluminium rails, a resilient
waterproof EPDM seal and an additional secondary waterproof
membrane. This joint is totally sealed and will provide impermeable
seal to most liquids, salt and other abrasives, thus preventing
premature damage to the the structure.
The system utilises the proven design of the Britflex 'BEJ'
system, which has been extensively used throughout Britain's
motorway network and the advantages of the 'BEJ' system have been
adopted for the 'UCP' joint system for use on car parks,
footbridges and heavily pedestrianised structures.
There is a vast range of applications for this type of expansion
- Multi Storey Car Parks
- Pedestrian Footbridges
- Installed quickly
- No drilling of deck required
- No mechanical fixings
- EPDM Seal easily removed if required
- Provides quiet comfortable riding characteristics
- Installed by USL's experienced and fully trained workforce
- Capable of accommodating up to 70mm movements
- Secondary seal