New Product - FEBA Proscreed
Cracks and joints repaired with BBA approved FEBA Proscreed
Cracks and joints in bituminous pavements are known to be one of
the main sources of water ingress into a surface which can rapidly
lead to potholing. The challenge has always been to seal the crack
or joint with a material that matches the flexibility of the
surface course, while maintaining similar texture and skid
resistance to the surrounding surface.
USL along with partner company Joblin Purser have developed an
innovative solution in FEBA Proscreed which has been awarded BBA
HAPAS approval for use on all classes of UK bituminous highways to
treat cracks or joints up to 40mm wide. FEBA Proscreed requires no
milling out and has short cure time which means minimal traffic
disruption whilst the works are carried out.
Key characteristics include:
- Effective sealing properties to stop ingress of water
- Flexible nature to allow for movement in the pavements
- Consistent, enduring skid resistant finish
- Application throughout the year subject only to minimum
temperatures and dry surface conditions
- Rapid curing and can be trafficked within 30 minutes of
- Cost effective
- High friction grades available
- Will extend the service life of asphalt, reducing maintenance
Following preparation of the crack or joint with hot compressed
air, the exposed void is filled with Proscreed Part A which is a
blend of polymer modified bitumen, aggregates and fibres which act
to fill and seal the joint.
The application of Proscreed Part B which incorporates high PSV
aggregates fuses the two materials together to give an optimal
combination of flexibility, durability and skid resistance.
For more information please follow the link below or
+44(0)191 416 1530 for technical advice.
FEBA Proscreed Product